October 18, 2011

Packages at my doorstep

I am pretty sure I have mentioned before that my mother is an antique dealer with an antique store in Elma Washington. Well recently after years of being on the market my parents sold the building that housed their antique store in Elma. Mom and I chitty chat via email or text almost every day, in the last few weeks her texts have been few and far between because of there mad dash to empty the building for closing. The entirety of this building was filled with rooms and rooms of antiques as well as storage from years of stuff.
Oh how badly I wished to fly to Seattle and rent a uhaul to load it full of crap. Luckily for me mom sent the first of my many boxes the other day and to my astonishment three boxes where on my doorstep this morning.
 Look at this amazing train case...
Can you say mini sewing box?

 This is the inside with glass and can you see what its filled with?

 NOTIONS!!!!
 Oh My GOD! Is  this my mothers scrap pile filled with material that is over 20 years old?
 Yards and Yards of large fabric pieces. The end has about three yards of black fleece and purple poly fleece some white felt (always needed) and some really radical poly fabric in really radical vintage suiting patterns. About 5 yards of both!
 Look at this vintage shirting and this radical sheet fabric. Rad Vintage!
 NOTIONS AGAIN!!! EEK I'M SO EXCITED
 Look at the weird fleece with the odd lettering, I think my mom made pet beds like 15 years ago with this.

Can you see the radical lion print from the 80's? What oh What will I make with it?
I like daddy's hat that is in the pics with my little pumpkins i have been working on.

So that was how our weekend was wrapped up. Today tattoo dad goes to work and begins our work week. Next Tuesday we are trying to get to Virgina city for a pals birthday bash. I'm hella stoked because we have never been out there before. I'm pretty sure we are going ghost hunting which is bitchin. Field Trip!
Happy Tuesday folks.
XOXO
tori

No comments:

Post a Comment