December 22, 2010

Felt Polaroid Photos--Katie.Cupcake Tutorial--

I saw a girlfriend do this last year and thought it was totally radical. I had a brainstorm about this craft a few days ago when my son was carrying around a picture of our pug sally. I racked the blog spot for a tutorial for this amazing craft. I am totally amazed that I found the tutorial in a blog I already follow, Katie.Cupcake.
This is an image of the katie.cupcake Polaroid

This is my version

This is how I did it. Just like the Katie.cupcake except a few changes.
(Sally does look amazing in this photo, it was her first calender photo shoot last year)

I measured my felt, cut and sewed the pieces together. I used white thread, katie.cupcake used black, ( i am sure she did this  to show how to do this properly for the tutorial.)
After this I ironed my felt inside out on a low setting, 
I cut out the middle hole  and readied my photo. I followed Katie.cupcake for measurements
I used a piece of cardboard from the drill  my hubby bought yesterday.

Last step was sewing the pieces together.
I kinda fubbed a bit and cut my window the wrong way so you cant have the string, but i kinda like it without. The little monster loves his new version of the picture of his best friend.

I think I may add some clear vinyl to the next few. XOXO Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment