December 26, 2011

The 'I don't have a soup pot' chicken noodle soup

Hey folks! As I have mentioned to you all before am starting my Rad gypsy life fresh. Naturally this means I do not have a soup pot. The other day the monster and I bought a cheap a medium saucepan and a medium frypan. Both nonstick, horrible and bought at wallyworld. Mostly I did this because I know I can get something amazing at goodwill or thrifting with my mom.
My luck I feel the need for soup today, the 26th of December. After a long weekend maybe you too need a quick frypan of chicken noodle.

3 tablespoons butter
1 lb chicken thighs
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup Chloe's onion
4 large cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cupbaby carrots
2 boxes of chicken broth
60 or so oz
A few handfuls of noodles

In frypan heat butter on medium. Add celery, onion, and garlic....heat until translucent. Add seasonings. Cut chicken is quarters then add to pan.
Meanwhile in saucepan add one box of chicken broth and carrots and noodles of choice. Heat to boiling reduce heat to low. Cover
After chicken is almost fully cooked add rest of broth. Bring to boil reduce to low simmer and cover.
Cook for around 15 minutes then add carrot noodle mix to frypan. Raise temperature and bring to boil. Cut off heat and bam! Easy soup!

Xoxo dolls!




No comments:

Post a Comment