April 21, 2011

Enchilada Sauce Recipe

Tonight I am making a sort of spin on my own Enchiladas. I am using ground beef with a bit of burrito seasoning and cheese on the inside of the yummy enchiladas wrapped around a soft flour tortilla smothered in my home made enchilada sauce. I baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
XO Torirae

Enchilada Sauce Recipe

-1 tablespoon olive oil
-two minced garlic cloves
-1/4 cup chopped onions
-1/2 teaspoon oregano
-2 teaspoons chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
-1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/2teaspoon ground cumin
-1 teaspoon dried parsley
-1/4 cup fresh organic salsa
-one can of tomato paste
-2 cups beef broth

Heat oil in sauce pan, add garlic and onion let cook for around 2 minutes. Add all seasonings. Stir, add tomato paste and broth, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Use hand blender to mix sauce. simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment